Through creating opportunities and working towards a more equitable society, the Foundation has made small, but effective strides in the areas of healthcare, education, social rehabilitation and the arts. Promoted by its Founder and few like-minded people having a common objective and a great motive to serve the society and people, the Foundation offers the promise of a better tomorrow, through its projects across India.
We are a group of like-minded, committed individuals working towards the upliftment to underprivileged people by providing access to quality and affordable education. We are secular, without any religious, political, corporate influence.
Utilizing the best practices proven effective in developing countries, we have third party evaluation confirming fidelity to our program design.
Access to primary healthcare, awareness of basic hygiene, and treatment of underprivileged patients draw attention even today after some of the advanced paradigm shifts in the healthcare industry.
India has made rapid strides in the health sector since independence. However, personally witnessing some the current issues and specific unquestionable cases clearly indicate that access to healthcare still remains a challenge.
People suffer from adverse health conditions owing to mainly two reasons – first the lack of education and thus lack of awareness; and second the unwillingness to lose a day’s wage in order to reach the nearest medical facility. Healthcare for underprivileged, which is a desperate need, thus remains unaddressed. The need of the hour is thus a two-pronged approach – first to bring quality healthcare services to doorsteps of the needy and second to promote healthcare awareness and contemporary healthcare seeking behaviour among the underprivileged.
Primary Objective is to promote good health & proactively minimising the incidence and effects of chronic disease in society.
Given the critical role that health and hygiene has in our lives, and the importance of Life Skills in leading a fulfilling life, it is of grave concern that our curriculum in schools does not put enough emphasis on these issues, these program are especially needed in developing countries like India, since there is an increasing threat of communicable, non-communicable and lifestyle diseases prevalent in the country. Lack of knowledge about diseases, preventive health care as well as other health issues across all segments of society as well as absence of health and life skills training in the Indian education system at the primary level, makes this initiative a dire need.
Our primary objective is to promote the idea of responsibility for one’s health by addressing a comprehensive range of health concerns including nutrition, exercise and fitness, disease prevention, alcohol & drug use prevention, tobacco use prevention, growth and development, social and emotional health, dental, consumer & environmental health, safety, conflict resolution and violence prevention.
Making high-quality healthcare the norm is an ongoing challenge. Since its inception, the Foundation has initiated several activities that benefit the rural and urban poor. The Foundation organizes regular health check-up camps, distributes medicines to economically-weaker sections in remote areas, however constructing a high-tech multi-speciality charitable hospital is our larger objective in the healthcare area in the long run addressing preventive, curative and referral issues.
Our outreach program takes care of the following:
- Healthcare: Basic care for the entire community with a focus on AIDS, TB, Contagious Diseases, H1N1, Family Planning.
- Hygiene in the community starting with basic sanitation and a clean home.
- Advocate health promotion and chronic disease prevention and control in the region. Promote health, especially for poor and disadvantaged populations. Slow and reverse the adverse trends in the risk factors for non-communicable chronic diseases.
- Provide a platform and develop guidance packages for patients to gain information about their condition, discuss and participate in management decisions and catalyse patient/family awareness of disease, therapies and consequences.
- Raise awareness of chronic non-communicable diseases and ensure that the foundation Influences public healthcare policies.
- Medical care and supplies will be provided for the physical and psychological development of the children. Parents and communities can be involved in the projects and be motivated to help (family involvement).